Give yourself love through your own words. Choose at least 3 self positive sentences below to say to yourself outloud. Find a safe space to say the sentences you chose. You also can create your own! As you say these to yourself let yourself feel any emotion that comes up.
I am my biggest supporter.
I love you.
I need you.
I want you.
I’m sorry you are hurting but you are so strong.
I am worthy of love
I love this body, I love this mind, because it belongs to me.
I am becoming.
I am loved.
I can be healthy at any size.
I am enough.
Body, thank you for carrying me.
Next, answer these questions to further analyze the way self positive talk impacts your life.
- Have you ever heard of or tried positive self talk before?
- Was it hard to say these sentences to yourself? If so why ?
- Do you recall when you started talking negatively about yourself? Or an event that triggered it?
- How did you feel when you said these sentences outloud?
- Did you believe yourself? If no, why?
- How often do you speak positive words about others?
Lauren Jamie Hall
Founder of The Handle With Care Project